Monday, October 29, 2012

I want to keep my music without syncing with iTunes?

Is there any way I can tell iTunes to leave my music and playlists alone.So I can use a different program, like Sharepod, to manage the music and playlists on my Apple Device? iTunes always wants to delete my music if I choose not to sync…

-OR-

I have an iPhone and an iPad, my brother has an iPhone, my niece has an iPod Touch, and my nephew has an iPod Classic. They all come to me when they want to sync music to their idevices, and I keep different music on my iPhone than on my iPad.

This is a big problem because we all have different music on each of our idevices, so I have to change the music in iTunes every time I want to sync one of our idevices. (I literally have 10 folders for 10 different family members, each filled with their own music, that I have to copy over to the iTunes music folder every time they need to sync their device) This is the way we've been doing it, and it sucks, especially since we all lose our playlists every time.

I was wondering if there was a way to keep all of our music in iTunes, but have iTunes automatically know which songs are already on each device, so it will sync just those. And for new music, we can just select them to be synced along with all our previously synced music.
>>> I want to keep my music without syncing with iTunes?