Thursday, October 11, 2012

IMessage not working on iPad?

Back in August, I bought a 32GB iPad3 (currently updated to iOS6) for school (our school is going "digital").At first I had absolutely no problems with it. Until yesterday. I got home from school and I opened up iMessage.iMessage had suddenly logged out of my account.So whatever, I try to log back in and it tells me "iMessage Activation Could not sign in. Please check your network and try again." So I go to check my wifi and it suddenly disconnected (it should have automatically connected when I got home). I reconnected to my wifi network and tried "activating my iMessage" again.It still gave me the same message so my first instinct is to google my problem.It said to change my DNS to 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 so I did that. People said it worked great for them but it didn't work for me. I did further research on it, and I learned that if FaceTime is disabled, iMessage does not work. Since my iPad is for school, the school put restrictions on everyone's iPad and locked FaceTime.It seems like the problem is solved but not exactly. I had been using iMessage since I got my iPad on August 5th and it suddenly doesn't want to cooperate with me? I have an iPod touch connected to iMessage on the same account as my iPad and it works fine so it's definitely the FaceTime restrictions holding it back. But I really rely on iMessage for schoolwork and I really need it right now.Is there any way I can get it to work without enabling FaceTime? Why is it suddenly acting up after a a couple months of owning it?
Another thing, my iPad usually connects to the wifi at school but I had to contact administration to enter the wifi password and iMessage didn't activate there either.
>>> IMessage not working on iPad?