Tuesday, October 2, 2012

My sound isn't working?

My sound won't work! i have my speakers plugged in and turned on and it won't work! When i go to view devices and printers the thing that says (NAME) - PC has a yellow caution sign on it and it's icon is something like a tablet or ipad with a pen pointing at it. I also see a new device, and it says storage device, though i have nothing in my pc, and it is called

WDC WD20EARX-22PASB0 ATA Device

I assume this is the problem, so i click eject and it says it is in use by a proccess, and i cant find the proccess that is using it.

And when i trouble shoot the (NAME) - PC it says i should reinstall this new device. What do i do?

Oh, and the (NAME)-PC says its category is a Tablet PC.
Added (1). Ok. I found the problem. I right clicked the sound icon, then playback devices. I had to set speakers to defualt device.i tried each one.
>>> My sound isn't working?