Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Which one is right for me?

Hi,
Currently I'm a junior in high school and I really need to replace my old laptop. I have a Macbook 13" 2008 and it was running perfectly for awhile, but now the computer is worn out, the corners are chipping off, the battery is swollen, and the computer is horrible now.It constantly lags when running simple apps and because of its swollen battery, the laptop cannot last without its charger for at least an hour.
Anyways, I have finally narrowed my choices down to three items that may be useful to me. The first is the Macbook Pro Retina. I already read everything about it so I know why it's good and I know why it would be useful for me, but it's overly priced and I was wondering if i should just get the previous Macbook Pros?
The next product I have my eyes on is the upcoming Ipad (Ipad mini i believe). I can use the tablet to connect with my current laptop and instead of dragging around this horrible computer, I can just bring around the Ipad with all my files on it.
The final electronic device that i thought would be useful is the upcoming Microsoft Surface. Unlike the Ipad, it provides much more functionality and it offers a much more advanced work system that can be used in school.
So, which one would be best for me in my situation? Keep in mind that for the Macbook Pro, I will use it for college. And it will probably be the same with either of the tablets.
Thank you!
>>> Which one is right for me?