Monday, October 15, 2012

Why cant they stay out of my room?

I would like to just have one place to myself that the animals or kids do not go. When I was a kid I too wasn't allowed to go into my mom's room and tear stuff up or root around in her drawers, etc.My husband and I have a condo that is small and my son has his very own room with toys and everything. Instead, he chooses to steal my adult things like my iPod, iPad, iPhone, laptops, etc. He goes into my bedroom and eats and tracks crumbs all in the bed and all over the floor. He does not do this in his own bedroom. I am pregnant again and very moody, so I would like my own "sanctuary" (is that too much to ask?) Instead, I find my room trashed on a daily basis. Frequent requests to stay out prove futile.My 5 mo old cat is also bad about coming into my room when not allowed. How can I get my son to understand that mom and dad's room is mom and dad's room and he has his own?
Added (1). He tears things up. Itd be different if he just sat there and watched his shows or played but he pulls all my clothes out of the closet, tries to climb, and eats everywhere. He's 5.
Added (2). I just said they both can't stay out.Is there something about my bedroom that is so appealing?
>>> Why cant they stay out of my room?