Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Getting iOS6 (Update Software) on iPad 2?

I have an iPad 2 and an updated Macbook. Everything is up to date: iTunes, Software updates.
I want to get iOS 6 on my iPad 2.It has downloaded but when it is 'Extracting the Software'
it comes up with this error message:
The iPad cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

(Then I can click):
'More Information' or 'OK'.

On 'More Information' it just takes me too the Apple Support Site telling me to make sure me software is updated and to restart my computer etc.

This isn't the first time this has happened.
It happened with my sister's iPad (2) as well.At Christmas.
With the same error message. We called and the women checked the server and she said it was all working correctly (the Apple servers) so she made us an appointment at the Apple Store and they updated her iPad there.
I don't have time to go to there Apple Store any time soon and I was wondering if anyone knew any ideas why this is happening.
It never use to happen when I use to update my iPods.
Any ideas?
Many thanks!
>>> Getting iOS6 (Update Software) on iPad 2?