Saturday, November 10, 2012

How to nicely tell hubby I don't want an iPad for Christmas?

My husband and I aren't really "secretive" about Christmas gifts, and kind of ask each about what we've been wanting.So when my husband asked me if there's anything I've really been wanting, I told him a new dryer would be nice or there's this nice kit for my car that would replace all the window/lock/ac knobs that are super worn. I've been hinting at both these things for a few months. He told me that those weren't gifts, and if I wanted the thing for my car to just order it and that he's still working on fixing our dryer (which is really old, and difficult to find replacement parts for). Then he starts on about what kind of iPad I like. I told him (nicely) that my iPad isn't broken and remeinded him that doesn't even use it, so we don't have a need for 2 of them. He keeps pressing the issue, and really, I don't want or need a new iPad. I know some years he can't spend that much (why I suggested the car parts thing, which doesn't cost much), but if he's going to spend $600/700 on a gift, I would much prefer a new dryer because using a drying rack for all our laundry sucks. I feel really ungrateful and bad about it, and it's sweet he wants to get me something nice, but it's just uneccesary. How can I get him off this silly gift idea!
>>> How to nicely tell hubby I don't want an iPad for Christmas?