Monday, December 24, 2012

Apple products: apple tv, freedom pop, iPad update worth it?

Alright I have:
iPod 5th gen 64gb
iPad 2nd gen 64 gen wifi only

I saw on cnet that FREEDOM POP has come out with an iPod 5 case that makes the iPod 4g enabled, for $100 u get 500mb year monthly (upgradable to 1 gb free of u get friends to buy) and 4gb for $28 a month. Does any1 have this? It sounds awesome because obviously the iPod has only ever been wifi but IS IT WORTH IT?

Also im thinking of upgrading my IPAD to iPad 4 64gb wifi+4glit AT&T
Note: I no only the Verizon version supports hotspot or I wouldn't need the case =(
My iPad is JAILBROKEN and I have aprox 1000 apps downloaded via 3rd party and installous
IS THERE ANY WAY TO TRANSFER THOSE APPS WITHOUT LOSING THEM?
4g is the main reason I want to update HAS ANY1 SWITCHED FROM WIFI TO 4G, IF SO WAS IT WORTH IT?
HAS ANY1 SWITCHED from 1st/2nd gen iPad to 3rd/4th iPad, IS THE SCREEN DIFFERENCE NOTICABLE?
Note: I've heard because of the higher resolution apps take up more space, understanble but I use my iPad CONSTANTLY and many many apps currently only having 6 gb left free. ANY APP LOVERS LIKE ME NOTICE A HUGE SPACE CHANGE WHEN THEY UPGRADED being taken up by apps optimized for the retina screen?
Note: I have no accessories that the lighting port would cause conflict with no prob there
ANY COMMENTS ON THE WEIGHT GAIN from iPad 2 to iPad 4. I no its heavier and thicker

ALSO:
I have a big screen that isn't a smart tv I'd like to modify that with a digital streaming box
The two best I can find r ROKU SX and APPLE TV
Neither seem to meet all my needs
I want:
INTERNAL STORAGE (i think the older modle apple tv has that but then u miss the upgrades of the latest gen) OR THE ABILITY TO PLUG IN A WINDOWS COMPUTER TO PLAY MEDIA FROM IT OR SYNC A MAC (if any1 knows of a program to sync data from a windows to an apple tv that would b great)
IPAD/IPOD SCREEN MIRRORING (I no the apple tv has this but not the roku)
ABILTY TO AX. NETFLIX, HULU, ETC (if anyone knows the channel differences that would b helpful)

GENERAL BENIFITS TO EACH???
Note: I have no iTunes perchases, I only have downloaded music and movies on my computer I'd like to run on my tv wirelessly

Note: I want a Mac but will not be updating to one for another year - 3 years I do not currently have 1
>>> Apple products: apple tv, freedom pop, iPad update worth it?