Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Did I go overboard on my children for Christmas this year? - 1

I have 6 children, 3 step, and 1 biologically mine and twins between my husband and I My eldest biological daughter lives with me one week, then with her father the next. She spent Christmas with us this morning, then with her father this even. I consider all my children as my own. We aren't really rich, but we are pretty well off with money and we have a nice big house and stuff. (Not bragging.)
I was telling my best friend over the phone what each child got for Christmas, and she thinks I spent way to much on them. I don't see how.
16 year old stepdaughter: We got her a Mac laptop, Ipad, itunes gift card, hair products, makeup, and clothes and perfume and makeup.
14 year old daughter: We got her a Kindle fire, new Iphone, the Hunger game series and House of Nights series (She loves to read), clothes, makeup, hair products, a huge dreamcatcher to hang in her room and a new pair of moccasins boots.
12 year and 11 year old stepsons: They share a room so they some shared gifts. We got them a Xbox360, Xbox 360 video games, clothes, shoes, and new bedspreads and football posters.
6 year old son: He is into racecars right now, so we transformed his bedroom into a car themed room, got him a hot wheels race track, a bunch of cars, and some clothes.
6 year old daughter: We got her 4 barbies, a barbie dream house, a playhouse, a easy bake oven, clothes, and barbie movies.
Each child got a flat screen tv in there room for christmas and each child (minus the little ones) got $50 and candy in there stockings. We also got all the children (and a gift for ourselves) tickets to go to Bahamas cruise ship for Spring break and a new Husky female puppy.
Did we go overboard on them? Myself I don't think so. We have a big family and she only has one child. What is your thoughts? Thank you!
>>> Did I go overboard on my children for Christmas this year? - 1