Sunday, December 9, 2012

Disabled iPad, forgotten passcode and restoration isn't working?

So two nights ago, I set a non-simple passcode on my iPad. I know exactly what it was, but when I went back and tried to unlock my iPad, it said the passcode was wrong! Perhaps I misspelled it when I set it? I tried many, many variations of how I may have accidentally spelt it, but nothing is working! It's been disabled a few times already, and plugging it in and out of my computer has helped reset those disabled times.
I finally tried restoring it, and putting it restore mode and whatever, but when I do, iTunes says I need a software update. First of all, my iPad is already running iOS6.1, and second, downloading time is about 2 hours. I waited the 2 hours at first, and it finished, but my iPad just turned back on and was still locked with my lockscreen picture set as it's lockscreen, so that didn't work.
I tried a few more times, but waiting hours and hours for the same result is just frustrating.
I've tried EVERYTHING when entering my passcode, and it still says it's wrong!
I really don't know what to do now!
Can taking it to the Apple store help at all? Does ANYONE know how to help at all?
>>> Disabled iPad, forgotten passcode and restoration isn't working?