Saturday, December 15, 2012

Do you agree with me or do I sound like scrooge?

Ok, so I just had a mini argument with my dad because he wanted me to go in with him on a gift for my mum. For some reason he wants to send her a lavish gift this year and was going to get her an ipad or send her on this cookery course.

We have a pretty big family so I have to buy presents for about 14 people.My mum does not spend much on me for christmas and considering that she earns more than double what I do I find it a bit galling to be asked to splash out on her. If I spent that much on everyone I'd be spending like £700 on gifts! In addition to this I said getting her an ipad would be *** money away because she has a really good laptop that she never uses, she also has a satnav that never gets used, she has a bike that she never rides, she likes to buy things for fun but she doesn't use them and I'm not subsidising her blind consumerist lifestyle.
>>> Do you agree with me or do I sound like scrooge?