Saturday, December 15, 2012

How to improve broadband service?

I'm on sky and my Internet has been terrible since July. The speed is soooo slow and I don't know what to do to improve it.

I did a speed test and these are the results for it at 13:00 pm

Download - 1.60mbps
Upload- 64mbps
Ping- 32ms

My friend said that we should be getting at 10mbps for download but we are not.So I'm thinking of changing broadband altogether.

So if I can't improve the speed I wanna change the Internet provider but which one would be best?

Our phone line is with BT and in my house there are one pc wired to Internet, 2 laptops, ipad, and 3 gaming consoles. Sometimes we are all on at the same time so we need to go with a service that can handle that.

Also how do I change provider? Just go into a store and sign up to their service (sorry dont have a clue about Internet) and do I ring up sky saying we want to stop our broadband service?
>>> How to improve broadband service?