Friday, December 21, 2012

Is the Apple App Market really that much better?

I really don't like Apple as a company… but when it comes down to it, I'm going to buy the product that does what I need better.

The only reason I'm considering an iPad over an ASUS Transformer is because I've never been happy with the app selection on the Google Play store. Most of the apps are absolute trash. I'd venture to say at least 98% of apps are worthless. I hear the Apple App store is better, but I want to hear it from people who already use their devices.

1) I'm the kind of guy who likes the ability to just go out and download a game or two when I'm bored without having to sift through heaps of garbage just to find one decent title. Does Apple deliver on that?

2) Are most of the Apple apps free or paid? Google Play is mostly free. I don't mind paying a couple $ here and there if the app is worthwhile, but I'd also like to know if free apps are hard to come by.
>>> Is the Apple App Market really that much better?