Friday, December 7, 2012

Sky broadband recently has been terrible, anyone know why?

So of late connection and speed to sky has been terrible.It's exceptionally slow at loading, it can't handle 3 devices using the Internet at the same time, and sometimes it will lose connection altogether.

Searching on the Internet via my pc its fine as its connected to the sky router by wires. Anything wireless though is terrible at loading.
E.g.My ipad that I'm currently using is at 3 bars with the connection but that's only because I'm sitting 2 feet away from the router.As soon as I move back more it goes to 2 bar. But it never used to be like this.
Another example, yesterday I was on my Xbox downloading add ons, my sister was on her laptop browsing and I was on my ipad and my sister laptop and the Xbox kept losing connection. The router itself is actually in my room and its not that far from the Xbox or my sisters laptop.

When all wireless devices are trying to use the Internet it just gets really bad. If my brothers ps3, my Xbox, my sisters xbox, my ipad, my sister laptop and my little sisters psp are all trying to use the Internet at the same time, well it barely works. I know that's a lot of devices so is there a way to improve the sky connection and speed times?

I'm not very good either Internet stuff so if anyone can help can you explain in detail. Or if you need info about my Internet settings or info can you explain how I find out, since I haven't got a clue how many megabytes or what not it is.
>>> Sky broadband recently has been terrible, anyone know why?