Sunday, December 2, 2012

Unfairly treated in a warm body Security Company?

I want to know how to correct my problem at work. I am working in a WBC security company, doing various shifts. I usually like doing the shifts where I can just sit at a coffee shop all day when I am supposed to be doing street patrol around a business district or eating sushi and surf the internet plugging in my computer as they only pay me 12 bucks and change per hour. Only when they call the site phone do I answer and try to do my best to solve it without having to go there in person. Other sites such as construction sites where you just sit in your car and play on your laptop and ipad are what I like to do. Anyway, my scheduling coordinator caught onto this, and now they are trying to put me in standing shifts comparable to bank security outside where sitting or playing on the phone nor reading is permitted.It really sucks. What shocked me is that there is an easy sit down gig near my home, and they are brining in a guard who lives more than 30km to the site where I was caught sleeping last year by my mobile supervisor, but only slept briefly. I also found that they are calling other guards and often giving them overtime before they fill my regular hours, and I feel I am being discriminated against. I am wondering if there is any process I can go through to correct this situation. I mean we are getting paid peanuts and to give guards less than full time while giving overtime to others is just crazy resource management, and is misuse of funds.
>>> Unfairly treated in a warm body Security Company?