Friday, December 21, 2012

What's up with all these ridiculously obvious scam ads?

I Googled something like Skype so I can download it, and the first result is highlighted in yellow showing a link for the download- However, NOT from the main website. I knew the website was a bait for scamming and I looked it up, and it was a nothing but scam. 5 stars at being all red(red meaning highly unsatisfactory). What I don't understand is why does Google allow these types of ads on the results? And not only that, that was the ONLY ad of Skype on Google. I also understand I can just download Adblock Plus, but that isn't the point. The point is, why are these ads allowed up? They're from scammers, and I'm pretty sure most of the world uses Google. I find it ridiculous, and also ridiculous how obvious these scammers make it. These guys are crooks, and don't deserve the spotlight. Reserve the first spot for the real website, is what I think.

It's not even on Google either, I find these ads on so many websites before I installed Adblock Plus. Really, really irritating ads like "DOWNLOAD THIS NOW" -- DOWNLOAD WHAT? A VIRUS? And "SHOOT 5 CHIKEN WIN IPAD" What the hell? -.-
>>> What's up with all these ridiculously obvious scam ads?