Saturday, January 19, 2013

ITunes not recognizing any of my devices?

All right, I'm at my wit's end over here trying to figure out what is going on with my iTunes not picking up my devices.

Went to plug in my iPod Touch today (5th gen), showed that the battery was charging on it and Windows 7 gave me a screen asking what to do with "Apple iPod"… but it was nowhere to be found in the actual iTunes program. I thought iTunes was maybe having an off day, so I restarted my computer and had the same thing happen. Tried restarting the iPod itself--nothing. Uninstalled iTunes itself--nothing.

Then I got a prompt that said Bonjour was disabled and I had to enable it in order for my devices to show up. Installed Bonjour Print (read somewhere that may help), updated the original Bonjour driver, went into Services under the Admin Tools in the Control Panel and saw it was disabled. Enabled it, made it run automatically, restarted computer, same exact thing! I even did the whole "msconfig" deal that iTunes support recommends, AND I uninstalled avast! (antivirus program) from my computer, which apparently is notorious for screwing with iTunes, and yet neither my Touch, nor my brand new iPad will show up in iTunes.It will show up in Windows, however, as "Apple iPod Touch/iPad", and give me a list of options (import photos, etc.) of what to do.

Understandably, I'm frustrated here. I know for a fact it's not faulty devices themselves, because I updated the Touch's software 2 weeks ago and I've owned the iPad for literally less than 8 hours. The cables are all in good condition, too. The only other thing I can think of I have not tried yet is updating the computer drivers themselves, but I honestly am not optimistic because I've been using my flash drive for school with zero problems.

I'm really hoping someone else has experienced the same thing and was able to solve it; I could use your help here. Thanks a million.
Added (1). @bec: I tried it and I'm still getting nothing. :(
>>> ITunes not recognizing any of my devices?