Tuesday, February 19, 2013

IPad 2 Wi-Fi ONLY HAS GPS?

***BEFORE YOU SAY THE IPAD 2 HAS NO GPS, PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY BELOW BEFORE ANSWERING THE QUESTION!***

So today at school I opened up my Maps app on my iPad 2 Wi-Fi only, it was not connected to any Wi-Fi hotspots but it pinpointed my school exactly, showing where I was. The maps did not load so it looked like it just pinpointed me on a yellow canvas, but I also dropped a pin there and when I went home and connected it to the Internet the dropped pin was exactly on my school. If people say the Wi-Fi only iPad doesn't have a GPS receiver, how did it know where I was exactly? Did it look up the mac addresses of surrounding Wi-Fi hotspots to get my location as I've noticed when I have Wi-Fi turned on that's the only time it can determine where I am, even though I'm not connected to any hotspots. Also, I'm not totally sure but I think where I was standing with the iPad there were no nearby Wi-Fi connections. Also I didn't look though so it could've picked one up from somewhere. Please tell me how the iPad knew where I (or "it") was. Thanks!
>>> IPad 2 Wi-Fi ONLY HAS GPS?