Monday, March 11, 2013

A consumer/legal quandry? - 2

Since retiring, I have spent much of my free time entering competitions on line. I've been quite successful too and have won some great prizes! The trouble is I know I won't use some of them and would like to sell them to raise some much needed cash. Two items in particular, an XBox 360 and an iPad Mini, are all brand-new and unopened, though the former didn't arrive with a shrink-wrap plastic covering.

But what would my legal position be if, in the unfortunate event, one of them turned out to be faulty or developed problems within several weeks or months? Would I have to refund the buyer's money? Or would they be covered by the manufacturers' guarantee? Is there any sort of legal disclaimer I should ask buyers to sign so I wouldn't be liable should the item prove defective?

I'm English, BTW, as I know that will make a difference when it comes to the law. Any advice, help, suggestions anyone, please?

См. статью: A consumer/legal quandry? - 2