Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Connect 2 routers and have wifi?

I use my main router, a Linksys E3200 and I have wifi on most part of my house, but there's a few parts where I don't have wifi. I have a really long cable connected to that router that goes all the way to the part of my house where I don't have wifi because sometimes I use my laptop there but now that everyone has iPads, iPods and many other wireless devices I was thinking about buying and installing a second wifi capable router to install in the end of that cable connected to the first router.

I know there are a few devices that extend the wifi signal but they do that wirelessly, but what I want is being able to connect a second router to the main router through WIRE, and make the second router transmit the signal through wifi!

My main router has dd-wrt installed, and I will also buy a second router anyways so any suggestions on any specific models would be great!

Thanks!

См. статью: Connect 2 routers and have wifi?