Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm looking for a travel wireless router?

I'm confusing the heck out of myself trying to find one of these. I can't seem to figure them out - everything I look at seems to need to hook up to a computer at one point or another. That's not what I want.

What I'm looking for… I'm traveling. I don't have my laptop. I only have my iPad and my smartphone. Yes, I have data plans for both, but I'm getting spotty service in my hotel room.My hotel offers free internet - but it is only hard-wire (ethernet).Is there something I can plug into the ethernet port that will then just shoot out wi-fi? I'm not worried about restricting access, security codes, etc. I just want to do that without having to set it up on a computer in the room.

If such a device does exist, I'd assume it would be fairly small, and for me, that's a requirement since this is for travel.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Added (1). Waller: funny you should mention it - I'm on newegg right now - checking out this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-704-134&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=false&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo though I still can't 100% confirm that I don't need to use a computer somehow - I still need to watch the video and read more reviews - but it is a great site for that!

Fred: doesn't that just put me back to needing a computer? I've set up wifi at home - I don't want to be doing that in a hotel room.
Added (2). Fred again: I think I may not understand what device you are talking about - could you possibly link me to something to see it? And/or check out what I'm looking at on newegg and see if it fits the bill? Thanks!

См. статью: I'm looking for a travel wireless router?