Sunday, March 17, 2013

IPad for university student?

I was thinking of buying an iPad this summer which I would use for my last year of university. I have a windows laptop, but it is too heavy to carry to school and the battery came defective (I am guessing) as after 2 years, it can only hold a charge for 10 mins max (even without internet or videos running).

My reasoning for wanting to get an iPad are:
- long lasting battery life
- can be helpful if prof does not post powerpoint presentations ahead of time so they can be printed (which happens very often)
- I want to spend some time working on other documents for my other classes during my break
- there are barely any power outlets (and none in class) for if I do bring my laptop to school

a few questions for you iPad owners,
- how easy (if at all possible) is it to create a document on iPad and have it transferred on my windows laptop?
- is it possible to open a microsoft word or excel or powerpoint document on the iPad from my email or dropbox then edit it as I would on my laptop (i know all functions will not be available)

Would this be a good idea, and why?
Added (1). I will use my laptop at home for my papers, I was just thinking about an iPad for during school or quickly viewing documents and editing during school hours. Wouldn't want my editing to go to waste so I wanted to know if those documents could be transferred to Windows to use in Microsoft Word.

См. статью: IPad for university student?