Thursday, March 7, 2013

Termination of contract with Orange?

I renewed my orange contract last march and decided to have the connected 66 deal (iPhone and ipad) I also had a phone on contract for my daughter that I had taken out about one month before. Everything was fine until last August when they disconnected my phone, I contacted them and they said I owed them an outstanding balance way above what it could have possible been. I submitted and paid them. They did the same thing the following month and when I had a closer look at my bills they had connected my phone bills with the bills of my daughter and had been charging me for all my calls (including my magic numbers) it appears that they forgot that I had an iPad (they even asked my where I got it from!!) and my bills were in a right mess and everyone was approx £200 over what it should have been. (This is only half the story but this would go on forever if I included everything)
NOW FOR MY QUESTION
Below is an extract from there terms and conditions. Given the information above would I be able to terminate my contract?
Terminating your Contract because Orange has changed its terms
4.3 You may also terminate your Contract if we vary its terms, resulting in an excessive increase in the Charges or changes that alter your rights under this Contract to your detriment.In such cases you would need to give us at least 14 days written notice prior to your Billing Date (and within one month of us telling you about the changes). However this option does not apply if:
4.3.1 we have increased the Charges by an amount equal to or less than the percentage increase in the All Items Index of Retail Prices published by the Central Statistical Office in the Monthly Digest of Statistics in any 12 month period; or
4.3.2 the variations we have made have been imposed on us as a direct result of new legislation, statutory instrument, government regulation or licence; or
4.3.3 the variation relates solely to an Orange Additional Service, in which case you may cancel that Orange Additional Service in accordance with Condition 15.1.
All help gratefully received
Erica (a very unhappy disgruntled customer)

См. статью: Termination of contract with Orange?