Thursday, April 11, 2013

Confusion about the do's and don't's if building credit?

So, my girlfriend has a pretty good credit score for her age; 740+ and 21 years old.Me, not so much. 640-ish and 20 years old - I turn 21 next month.
She has a bank credit card through B-of-A and finance an iPad through Best Buy. She paid more than she was supposed to monthly on the iPad.

Me, I have no credit card and the only thing I've ever really done payments on that would build credit is student loans. I applied for a credit card through best buy but was declined due to not having enough of different sources on my credit (sorry, not sure how to word that. Hopefully you'll understand.) I applied for a credit card through my bank which is also Bank of America but was also declined for reasons I'm unaware of.

I decided that I would buy a car cash and nt have to worry about financing that; but would finance furniture from different companies. (I.e.a couch from one store, table from another, and new television from another, and so-on.) This would hopefully build my credit and also provide me with many different "sources" on my credit.
Unfortunately, I've been reading online that financing furniture may actually harm my credit.

So now I'm at a loss.

First of all: how am I supposed to build credit and have numerous "sources" if nobody will give me a store or bank credit card?

Second; what's the truth behind financing from a furniture company? Will it build my credit or not? Have any of you dealt with this personally?

Third; why is my girlfriend in the situation she is in? I am happy for and proud of her, definitely - but it is just a little but frustrating to not know why she is in that situation and I'm not. I would just like a better understanding of all of this.

Fourth; plain and simple, what can I really do to improve my credit? I'm tired of this stagnation and I just want to improve as a person overall.So please tell me, what can I do to move up?

Thanks guys,
Bryan

См. статью: Confusion about the do's and don't's if building credit?