Friday, April 12, 2013

Do I need to have more then one guinea pig?

I just got a 7 week old female guinea pig 1 month ago. I give her attention everyday by giving her free time in her playpen daily for at least 2 hours. She does lots of popcorning and makes happy and curious guinea pig noises. Also, I hold her for 5-10 minutes a day and stroke her while in her cage. Just in case, we put a little mirror in her cage so she can see herself and maybe even think that its another guinea pig. We also play guinea pig noises for her on our iPad everyday.So far, it seems that she is pretty happy, but I have read almost everywhere that they are very social animals and therefore need one or more companions in their cage.At the moment, my family and I are not in the position for another guinea pig, but are willing to get another one if we have to. I was wondering if I could get any advice from you guys??? Thanks so much! :)

См. статью: Do I need to have more then one guinea pig?