Sunday, April 21, 2013

Was I wrong to offer to buy something from a customer at a pawn shop?

Woman's in the pawn shop with her selling selling a Gen 2 iPad. The guy was offering her probably about a quarter of what it's going for and telling her he'll be lucky to get twice what he's offering her.So I made the off-hand comment that I'd buy it for twice what he's offering right there. The owner tells me I need to leave, so I do. I tell the woman I'll be out on the sidewalk, cash in hand, if she wants to sell it.

Naturally the woman follows me out and now I own an iPad, so yeah for me. But when I told my girlfriend about this she said I was being "kind of a jerk". She says I shouldn't be disrupting the shop's business like that, and "what if they ban me"… As if there's not fifty more pawn shops around here. But she worked at a pawn shop as her first job (not that one), so she sees this personally.

What do you think?

См. статью: Was I wrong to offer to buy something from a customer at a pawn shop?