Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Why do I have different internet speeds?

Okay tech's of the world, this one is beyond my knowledge. I'm super excited about google fiber and I am trying to decide if I should invest in their 5mbps service(family guy, every dollar counts).So I ran speed tests on my computers. Wirelessly, my laptop clocks xfinity at avg.of 20mbps, and my ipod touch/xbox 360/ipad/ all at avg.less than 5mbps.

Why do I get different readings? Which one do I trust? Will 5mbps be enough to streem netflix on at least two devices(1-2) and surf the web at the same time? Heck even with the service I have, I can be playing happywars on the xbox and my son turns on netflix and I get dropped from happywars.
Added (1). My cable modem is a personal surfboard 6580

См. статью: Why do I have different internet speeds?