Monday, May 27, 2013

Any thoughts about when will iPad mini become obsolete?

I am wondering in how many years Apple will stop alowing iOS updates for iPad mini (first gen), and also how long can it take before new apps (or app updates) stop being compatible with this product (and its latest possible iOS)? I assume it should support iOS8 easily and limited options of iOS9 but what worries me is that, regarding the hardware, it's same as iPad 2, which doesn't even support Siri nowadays.
Would it be a good idea to buy an iPad mini next month, or should I wait for couple more months and buy an upgraded version - iPad mini 2?

P.S.
this is my first tablet purchase, I was looking for a Nexus 7 first because of its positive reviews and its price, but I gave up because all of those multiple hardware issues with touch-screen, charging, etc.caused by bad manufacturing.

P.P.S.
I don't want to sell and replace this product as soon as the new one come out, so I'm looking for a product that I can use for a couple of years. Should I go with an iPad mini or wait for the mini 2.

Thanks in advance.

См. статью: Any thoughts about when will iPad mini become obsolete?