Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why are people spending money on useless crap?

First off, just allow me to say that I'm NOT saying I never spent my money on anything useless. I'm also not saying that the rich shouldn't have that money. I'm 16, without a car or job, so please bare with me.

There are third world countries over in the Middle East, and MILLIONS die every year within that region, a lot due to disease and hunger. Seriously, HUNGER.

On the other hand, over here in America, Americans spend their money on the latest video game console, which is an update on what they have before. They also use it to get a better car, which really doesn't do much other than look nice and possibly have some better gas mileage.

Now, look at those who are even more rich. Millions of dollars are spent on McDonald's food advertising and new roller coasters. Billions are spent on space travel. BILLIONS! What do we need to go to space for? Curiosity?

Come to think of it, that money leads into the pockets of companies that already HAVE trillions of dollars. I'm not saying they didn't work for it, but they are wanting MORE of it! If every single American gas company chipped in and gave a SMALL portion of their money, the National Debt would be FIXED. Don't worry, they will earn their money back before too long.

I believe that at least a MILLION or two should go to hungry kids in third world countries and stuff. Instead of using millions just to keep or to use for space travel, use it for medical research to try and cure diseases, like cancer and AIDS. They should even go to schools that NEED it.

But, as I said before, we use it on crap, such as food advertising, new roller coasters, iPad upgrades, and that money goes nowhere, except for the pockets of big corporations.

Okay, I think I may have said enough. Now, don't tell me that I'm not doing anything, either, or that I'm being hypocritical. I currently don't have that much money just yet.In fact, I plan to travel the world and help out with these problems any way I can.

См. статью: Why are people spending money on useless crap?