Thursday, June 13, 2013

What is a good recording mic for vocals?

I have been debating whether or not to buy a microphone for a long time and I normally start thinking about it more around holidays and birthdays and such because I have gotten into the habit of making my mom covers of her favorite songs.

This past Mother's Day, I finally got around to writing her a song and I recorded it with my computer. She loved it, but I hate how my voice translates with the built in mic.

I now have a few finished, or almost finished songs and would like to record them on my computer. But the problem is that, obviously, the computer microphone is not very good and I normally sing pretty high, begin a soprano, that there is this ugly almost static like sound when I sing. I hate it.

So my question is: what microphone would be best for recording only vocals for a soprano voice?

I am looking to stay under 200 and that would include anything the mic needs extra, like a pop screen or whatever.

I am not very familiar with recording mics and I do all my music making with Garage Band on my laptop and iPad.

Thank you for all your help.

См. статью: What is a good recording mic for vocals?