Tuesday, July 2, 2013

How to get an Internet connection on two desktops?

Hi everyone.
I'm a newbie when it comes to Internet connections, Wi-Fi and whatnot.

My current setup is: 2 desktops, 1 modem, 1 router; desktops relatively close together; router is not wireless, but runs on a cord attached to the modem which is attached to the other desktop.

My future setup is: 2 desktops, FAR away from each other

My question is.how exactly do I setup an Internet connection on both PCs? My ISP of choice is Comcast. I've been told that having a modem/router connected to one PC with an ethernet cable (strong connection) and a wi-fi adaptor connected to another PC (weaker connection) is the way to go.

I also would enjoy having a connection joinable from outside devices such as an iPod/iPad.
Added (1). I have no idea what anything past "I've been told that" means.so an explanation in simpler terms/what to get would be helpful.

См. статью: How to get an Internet connection on two desktops?