Sunday, August 25, 2013

Does one really need an iPad?

The concept of the iPad is not a new idea.In fact I heard Apple held off on it for years, quoting that society isn't ready for it yet. Well I don't see what all the fuss about them is and would like some feedback. I ask because I have a rock solid 4 core desktop computer with a 27" monitor.It doesn't get any better than that when I need to do something. And I have my HTC One X cell phone with a huge screen that I can get around on easier than with my sister's iPad. Plus my phone came with 64GB to lock in the sale. But her iPad only came with 32GB and I can imagine needing more on an armchair computer.. Ok, if I needed some sort of programmable device to control my TV, stereo, window blinds, control my thermostat remotely, then I could see where an iPad on the coffee table would be useful. However, when you are online and are typing, half the view area subtracts and typing on a virtual keyboard requires constant practice. I get errors all the time. And my sister has a very bad habit of leaving her iPad in the kitchen/toilet/bedroom. Having said that, she has a Samsung Galaxy S4, which has a huge screen. And lately when I visit, she's using her phone for all internet activity with her iPad sitting right in front of her.So I played a trick on her. I put her iPad on the charger and put a tiny kitty toy on it. A month later the toy was still there. When I confronted her about wasting her money, she lied about how often she uses it.
So I don't understand why people are caught up in this?

См. статью: Does one really need an iPad?