Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wireless internet keeps disconnecting?

Hi,

We've been having a problem with our wireless internet for a while now. The system runs off our main office computer via a router for the house.

When using my Macbook, i can easily connect. However, when i try to open 2 tabs or stream a Youtube video, it disconnects and says no DSL connection. I then wait 5 minutes, and i can reconnect again. The same happens when i'm using my computer and my mum is using her iPad.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? We live in a old house with pretty thick walls which i know can be a problem. However, when I'm in the next room which is separated from the office by a modern, thin wall, the problem still occurs. I rang my internet provider and they said that living in a house with thick walls is the problem, but I don't think this is quite the case.

Anyone have any recommendations? We are currently with Chess Broadband, quite a crappy company I think.Do you think the problem would be solved if we went to someone like BT?

Any info would be great. Thanks

См. статью: Wireless internet keeps disconnecting?