Wednesday, January 15, 2014

IPad Air vs MacBook Air for a student?

I already have alaptop, but I can't bring it to school because it is too heavy. I bought an iPad for its lightness (so I can bring it with me to school) and so I can access lecture PDFs, have my math textbook on it, do online homework on it during breaks, etc. I have a compsci class this semester in which 95% of students use laptops. I can write on paper but it is quite inconvenient since I can't run my tests to see if they're right since the application does not work on the iPad. But, I can always go home and test the notes on my laptop. The prof said that we will start going super fast near the middle of the course, but that I can always look at the laptop of the person beside me if I'm feeling lost.

Question: Should I return my iPad and buy a MacBook Air for home and school, or keep my iPad and use that for school & my laptop for home? I would have to write computer science notes on paper, or get an external keyboard for my iPad (still won't be able to run the code).

Thoughts?

Читать далее: IPad Air vs MacBook Air for a student?