Tuesday, February 25, 2014

How to make the baby i babysit stop crying?

I just started babysitting this 7 month old girl. I've only met her once before at her baptism, and she had no problem sitting on my lap and playing with my phone. When i got to their house, I held her as her mom showed me around the house, and she was fine. But then I tried to get her to play with her toys with me, & she was upset that her parents werent with her, and started crying. Once they left, the crying never stopped. I tried everything. We walked around, we tried to play with toys, we bounced & rocked, i tried to give her a bottle, we tried playing a game on her ipad, nothing really worked. The only thing that did work was i sat down on the couch, & i had her on my knee bouncing a little, she was watching the tv, & i had her favorite song playing on their ipad. That ended up making her fall asleep. When i tried to put her into her crib, she woke up again crying and didnt go back to sleep (but she wasnt crying thank god.) They said she usually warms up to people pretty fast & it coudve been because she didnt take good naps that day. They want me to watch her again on wednesday and I said sure. I'm just nervous that shes gonna cry again. I felt so bad that she wouldn't calm down for the hour-hour & a half i was there. Could it be because my hair was up or something? I remember hearing something about babies not liking people with beards & people with their hair pulled back or something. What should I do next time? Thanks!

Читать далее: How to make the baby i babysit stop crying?