Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Is this wrongful termination?

I just got fired from my job. On my lunch break, I bought an ipad from this guy off craigslist. I went back to work and police show up a couple hours later. Apparently the REAL owner tracked the ipad to my works parking lot in my car, they think I stole it and have me in the back of a cop car. I cooperated and was released with a court date for receiving stolen property when i gave up the guys name and number but my job wouldn't let me back inside the building and fired me.

Since the transaction didn't happen on my jobs grounds, did they wrongfully fire me? I'm innocent and pretty sure I can beat this case.
Added (1). I did not use the work computer, I signed some papers when I was offered the job but not sure about the "at will" part. I have only been there 4 months and not sure if I can draw unemployment.

Читать далее: Is this wrongful termination?