Monday, February 24, 2014

My stepdad is suicidal? - 1

I'm a 15 year old female and my step dad is 35 (36 next week). My mom died in May 2012 and my stepdad takes care of me now. He has been in my life for eight years and is the only dad I've ever known, and the best one I could have asked for. He hasn't recovered from my mom's death and is only getting worse. He comes home from work and just shuts himself in his room and barely speaks to me, and it makes me feel like he doesn't care about me anymore now that my mom is gone. He is still kind, but distant…not like he used to be. Lately he has been going downhill. Last year he was hospitalized for a drug overdose, which isn't right because he doesn't normally do drugs or even drink. He refuses to talk about it. Today he left his Google account open on the iPad and I looked through some of the documents. I found a suicide note addressed to law enforcement that says "I'm attempting to end my life by taking an overdose of pentobarbital sodium." And based on this I can tell he wants to commit suicide. The thought of it scares me so bad, he's the only family I have, and if he couldn't take care of me I don't know what I'd do. I don't know what to do, I'm just a 15 year old girl and he's a grown man. I don't know if I should talk to him or what to say. I'm just really upset pls help?

Читать далее: My stepdad is suicidal? - 1