Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Should I go on the trip?

I'm a 14 yr old boy, and this Easter weekend, my parents decided that them, my younger brother and I are going to Orlando to visit some family and go to the theme parks. Here's the catch - because of our very recent (three weeks ago) trip to San Francisco, my parents told me they could only afford to to pay for only a third of my plane ticket, but they said they would pay for everything else (park admission, hotel, food, etc.) I have $875 in my wallet, and I would have to pay $400 for the trip. Though i am extremely grateful my parents would pay for a third of the price (original price $570), I still don't want to spend nearly half of my money on a weekend long trip! Yes, i do understand that we are tight on money in this situation, and don't think I'm yelling at my parents or anything about this, because I'm not. I understand that they can't do anything more to help me. I told my mom i would be fine staying home alone for the weekend, but then she brought up this whole thing about how Easter is meant to be spent with family, and how I'm going to regret it when she leaves, and if something happens to me, there wont be anyone there. This money i got from my birthday a few weeks ago, and some of it is still from last year's birthday and Christmas. I wanted to spend it towards a new iPad because my current one's hard drive is too small, ad it's too slow, and some new headphones. I don't to just throw half of it into a trip that I'm not even interested in going. If you are going to call me spoiled, the last family-out-of-country trip we had before San Francisco was in 2011. These trips hardly happen. The only real reason I can of to go is to visit my cousins and uncle. My uncle is an ENT surgeon who, also is known all over Brazil (that family lives in Brazil, I live in Canada and we're meeting up in Orlando) and I want to be a surgeon when i get older, so i want to ask him what its like and all. Besides that, I cant find any other reason to want to go. So my question really is - should i spend half my money on this? If not, how would I convince my parents to let me stay home? Thanks in advance

Читать далее: Should I go on the trip?