Friday, March 14, 2014

Why do Itunes and Quicktime suck?!

Apple is supposed to be the mother of excellent software design, intuitive and aesthetically.
All is fine until I plug my iPhone or iPad in my pc and want to exchange pictures, video or music.
First it takes an eternity for ITunes to start-up. Then it wants to update, which takes a long time, because I have to manually download about 150 MB to find out it's not the 64-bit version, which I can only find using google search. After the latest ITunes version has finally started, I'm confronted with an ugly interface which makes no sense (to a windows user). I can't just pick items and right click or drag them to a windows folder or back to my apple device, no I have to "synchronize", which gives me hardly any control of what's happening. I can rave on, but this is my biggest problem with ITunes. So I use the free "if unbox classic" instead.
Also, what's going on with QuickTime, it looks like it's from 1994, has no options and tweaks and it makes me feel my pc is from 1994 since it slows down my computer terribly and I use a new Dell CAD workstation! I solved this by using the free "media player classic" instead.
I really like IOS but I don't understand how it is possible they screw up ITunes so bad. Surely ITunes works fine on an Apple computer but I don't want to buy an Apple computer and I never will, just like most pc users…

Читать далее: Why do Itunes and Quicktime suck?!