Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Appropriate car battery upgrade?


I have a buick lesaber limited 1997 and have several big projects ahead that I will be doing with the vehicle. The only problem is the battery I have in it (750cca) cannot handle any more additions. I am in college to become an automotive tech so please be technical if you wish. What I want to know is what would be an acceptable upgrade for the vehicle, without frying the computers in the car. The 750cca battery is stock as far as I am aware, (it was in the car when I bought it.) if anyone thinks a alternator upgrade will be nesassary (it wouldn't surprise me if it is in the end.) please say so.
I have several neon diode strips in the engine compartment as well as two additional speakers and one small woofer in the back seat, a custom large light mounted underneath the trunk lid, and 8 neon diode strips in the vehicle.
I will be replacing the stock speakers with upgraded ones (not sure what they will be yet.) the stock radio I am hoping to find an upgrade for with a audio in slot, the radio and air controls are going to be moved and bolted to the top of the dash and in their place I will be mounting an Ipad that will charge from the cigarette lighters 12 volt slot, the headlights and brake lights will be getting upgraded if I can find parts, and the side mirrors are also going to get an upgrade to larger mirrors, and if I can find parts I am hoping to have the upgraded mirrors be heated as well as automated in their movement.

Read more: Appropriate car battery upgrade?