Thursday, April 24, 2014

How does a depressed man typically behave?


Last year my father lost his job, found out 2 of his children were doing destructive things, had been working graveyard shifts for many years, financial problems, and maybe some more personal issues which lead him into "depression". I say "depression" because I am not sure, however I am aware that depression is real, I myself have been depressed. Basically he went to the doctors, they took him off anti anxiety pills, and put him on antidepressants. Things did not improve, he has no desire to find a job, he didn't leave the house for months, they have absolutely no income, almost close to losing the house, electric about to be turned off… Etc… Now the strange thing is today my sister told me how much of a lowlife my dad is, how my mom is going to divorce him, he is a freeloader, "he is not depressed he even admits it", he doesn't care about anything, he is not embarrassed about my sisters finance buying him his suit for the wedding and how they are not giving any more money to my parents and all he does is play on her ipad and drink everyday. My sisters are 27, 26, i am 24, and little brother 21. She also said my brother isn't helping at all and he and my dad need to be kicked out and will 100% by august if he doesn't have an income. I am so disturbed by how quick they throw my dad to the curb after he raised us and was a GREAT responsible father our entire life! Even if he says he doesnt have depression, something is clearly not right. People don't just change overnight!
Added (1). Oh, I forgot to mention I am not currently living there to judge. I live across country. P.s I think they are completely handling this wrong and making it worse for him. He prob says he doesnt have depression bc he doesnt want to deal w them anymore! What can I do to help him?

Read more: How does a depressed man typically behave?