Tuesday, April 8, 2014

How to improve wifi speed? Should i buy a router?

I currently have Time Warner Cable's 100Mbps speed. When i use the internet with ethernet on my laptop i get 88-90 Mbps download / 5-7 Mbps upload. But when i check my speed on my iPad mini, Nexus 5 or the same laptop but now with wifi instead of ethernet i get around 15-30 Mbps download speed. Is there any way i can improve my speed on my wireless devices?

I have the modem TWC has provided me with. Only 3 people ( including myself ) use the internet and none at the same time. If i were to need a router, what would be the best suggestions? I live 4 minutes away from downtown Los Angeles incase of location. Also I dont download and stream simultaneously content.

Read more: How to improve wifi speed? Should i buy a router?