Saturday, April 19, 2014

I did something bad but made up for it (work related)?


Okay so, this guy came into Walmart and spent $15,000 on Electronics (NO JOKE). They ranged between Ipads to Ps4's. With each item he was getting, he was also getting free $40 giftcards. I was helping out my friend and it was a real mess. Well finally we got it all done, and cleaned up. I noticed that there were some gift cards that were left on the counter that i thought were empty so I put them back into the drawer. Well the next day I came into work, my friend said he found 4 gift cards (each containing $40 on them). So he said "lets keep them." I said "no i didnt want to." So we went to ask the security guard and he said "yeah just keep them, no need to give them to the manager." so we did, but i said lets give two to other team mates (one had lost her husband and the other didnt get enough hours, so i thought this could help if they need food or anything). So a day goes by and i felt guilty. I decided to buy 2 giftcards (to make up for the two i gave away) and returned our giftcards. Well I told my manager the situation but not the part that we gave them away, but they had found out, BUT I told them that I put money back into the cards to make up for it. They said they felt a little better but would need to see. Both the manager and HR said they liked me and that I work really hard. So today my friend and I were called in and we both got terminated. No cops were involved but I thanked them for the opportunity. Will this be on my record? Im really scared.

Read more: I did something bad but made up for it (work related)?