Wednesday, April 9, 2014

IPhone/iPad Sync to New Windows PC without Device Data Loss, I need Advice?

Hi,

I am a IT techie and I do a heap of windows and server related work, but I have been asked to upgrade a clients home computer and I have already done so.

Next Step is to Setup the 2 iPhones & 2 iPads to itunes without the devices loosing the contacts, photos, well everything.

Is there a simple way to complete this.

I have already completed the following to the new computer.
I have moved the User's windows profile Folders to the new location (IE: Desktop, documents, pictures, videos etc…)
So when I opened itunes for the first time I saw it had all music and apps in the library

So I still have the APPDATA files. I have not touched them.
Should I attempt to move all the APPDATA content for apple folder to new OS APPDATA store? (Local/Roaming folders)

Will it work that way? Or will itunes Crap itself?
There needs to be a foolproof way for this to work.

Please I require many different ideas on how to go about this.

thank you so much in advanced

Read more: IPhone/iPad Sync to New Windows PC without Device Data Loss, I need Advice?