Monday, April 14, 2014

My daughter is a total brat- drastic measures needed?

I have four children, a 15 year old son, a 14 year old daughter, and 2 12 year olds, a boy and a girl. The 12 year old girl is the one giving us so much trouble. I blame myself and my husband for spoiling her so much, but I want to stop it now before she's a teen. She's always had an attitude problem, but now she's started cursing and arguing with her teachers. Last night she went on a rampage, slamming doors and screaming when I took away her phone, laptop, and ipad. I then had my husband remove her tv from her room. She's at school right now, and I want to do something drastic to make sure she knows we're serious. I want to take her door, because if she doesn't have one she can't slam it. I also want to take away all of her name brand clothes and shoes and makeup and give her 2 pairs of jeans, 5 t shirts, and 1 pair of shoes to wear for the next few weeks. Is this too much? Not enough? I've never had this problem with any of my other kids so I really don't know what to do.

Read more: My daughter is a total brat- drastic measures needed?