Monday, May 5, 2014

How to wake up in the morning?


Ok so I'm 17 almost 18 a senior in high school and college bound next year. I've always been a heavy sleeper but never fell asleep in class until last year around Christmas time. My doctor put me on doxepin for depression replacing cymbalta (I think). When I first started taking it I slept about 17 hrs a day for a week during break. I would literally crash after an hour of taking it. That's when I started falling asleep pretty much every math class first block. Now I'm not on any depression meds but still daytrana patch. My main question is how do I get up in the morning I have had over the years about 7 alarm clocks not including the few I have on my iPad and phone. I have managed to sleep through every single nod including the screaming meanie that is literally used as a beacon for truck drivers. I've tried a few puzzle alarm clocks on my phone but with it being an android I either rip out the battery or stuff it between my mattress or something. I do realize 6.5 hrs of sleep is not enough but that's on a good night. I've wondered if setting my alarm clocks about an hour early would be good or bad. I was thinking it would disturb a deep sleep before it got to late so when I finally get up I've hit snooze 7 times. Is this bad or should I go for every second of solid sleep possible. I usually end up getting up if I'm lucky 3 minutes before the bus comes and throw clothes on and sprint to the bus. I try to eat an energy bar on the bus and walk around the building b4 class
Added (1). I did have a sleep test done not too long ago and they said CPAP is not needed. I potentially have to have my adenoids removed. I need help!
Added (2). Also at this point morning showers or things like that are not an option BECAUSE I CANT GET OUT OF BED. When I do fall asleep in class it's weird because when I wake up it remember hearing my teacher talk but not what he said…

Read more: How to wake up in the morning?