Saturday, May 24, 2014

IPad 2 wifi signal got me stumped?

A while ago i replaced the digitiser on an ipad 2 gsm version (a1396)

Unfortunately this time round the digitiser took the wifi and power flex with it when removing.

I replaced both flex cables and glass as have done before. Ipad powered up fine and so put all together and gave it back to the owner

But the wifi signal is so rubbish it drops to 1 bar in the same room as the router

I figured i hadn't connected the flex fully. So iv just put on a new digitiser and new wifi antenna (again) and cleaned up all the points with alcohol wipe. Even removed the logic board and checked all the connecters were firmly seated

All screws are in place and all seems ok

But still 1 bar wifi

Even updated and reset ipad to new ios.

Im so stumped with this one. I cant figure whats wrong

Any help guys please!

Read more: IPad 2 wifi signal got me stumped?