Thursday, May 29, 2014

Is my hair colour fine to dye RED? (Photo)?

Hello!

I've been blonde my whole life, and have recently decided it's time to change. I have attached a photo that shows the colour of my hair. It is dyed golden blonde more on the ends, and the darker upper colour is my natural darker blonde hair that I was trying to grow out.

I'd like to achieve a vibrant red, however I do not want a fire-engine red! I do prefer that more… Dark coppery red as opposed to the lighter pink-red. I like the colour shown here: Is my hair colour fine to dye RED Photo
But I would not be upset if it were not quite so vibrant.

This is me and my hair colour, sorry for bad iPad quality!: Is my hair colour fine to dye RED Photo - 1

I will not be having this done professionally, as I am unable to afford it at the moment. I've researched some box dyes people trust, and will probably be trying a Garnier product. I would like to know if I will achieve a nice red tone, without going ORANGE, pink or anything else horrible. I am a little nervous but I'm also super excited to try something drastic and new!

I will also add, that my hair is quite dry on the ends and in poor health (honest, I try many treatments without results! And I do not use much heat on my hair, very occasionally if I do). Thanks so much! Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. :)

- Lilly

Read more: Is my hair colour fine to dye RED? (Photo)?