Saturday, May 3, 2014

Using an iPad in place of a broken laptop screen?


Basically, I cracked my laptop screen and blown up all the pixels. Here's an image if you want to see the extent of damage that I caused: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10n9n5y&s=8

So I really don't want to fix the screen because: the repair cost is same as buying a new one, the screen broke after falling 40cm onto a wooden floor (note: it had a hard case attached to it) so buying a new one would just be wasting another 900 dollars.

That being said, I still an iPad which I can still use it for the time being. But being an Apple tablet, it's very limited in terms of functionality. So my question is: is there an app that would allow me to use my iPad in place of the laptop screen? If there is one but it requires a program to be downloaded onto the computer, I do have access to one of those projectors that just require you to plug in a cable.

Thanks in advance for all your replies!
Added (1). P.S preferably apps that requires you just plugging the iPad USB cable into the laptop. Thanks.

Read more: Using an iPad in place of a broken laptop screen?