Thursday, May 29, 2014

What kind of insect is this?

It was crawling across my brother's iPad screen so I took a picture of it with my phone(that's why it isn't a very good quality picture). It is about a half centimeter long(I think) It's the size of an average wood tick. It is also pretty much black and looks almost exactly like a tick except for the long pincers and the fact it did not have a hard shell. Anyways, I have never seen a bug like this and was wondering if anyone could identify it! Thanks!
What kind of insect is this
Added (1). So, I did a little more googling and it turns out it is a pseudoscorpion I think. Anyways, if anyone could tell me more about it that would be great.
Added (2). Thanks! So I read they do not pose any danger, but it this true? They look kinda scary!

Read more: What kind of insect is this?